Elphinstone Electrical Harnesses
Elphinstone Pty Ltd is a producer of cable assemblies and components for Underground and Surface Mobile Equipment used in the Mining and Explosive industries.
Wire processing and identification are achieved via a Komax Z633 Wire processing unit. This is capable of processing 36 different wires simultaneously with wire sizes ranging from 0.22mm² up to 6mm². Wire identification in contrasting colours via inkjet printing. The wire is currently sourced to meet MIL-W-81044 and MIL-C-27500.
Current cable assemblies are sleeved in Conduit, Spiral Wrap, Cloth tape, or Varflo sleeve which conforms to MIL-I-23053, or over braided via our Herzog harness braiding machines. Elphinstone has 2 braiding units - the KB 1/48 100 which covers a range of 8-20mm the KB 1/24-100 which covers a range of 25-40mm.
Elphinstone currently produces over 1500 variants and over 15,000 pieces per year for all existing customers with an on-time delivery performance of greater than 98%.
Elphinstone Electrical Harnesses operates the latest in modern technology at each stage of the manufacturing process. Our range of finishing equipment allows us to fully customise your products.
100% of all harness assemblies are tested for correct circuit continuity prior to delivery to the end-user along with visual inspections to ensure compliance with supplied prints. We have 2 x Cablescan 90 S32 PC based Testers capable of 0.1 ohms to 50 Kohms at 500 points per second.
- Nylon braiding.
- Split and unsplit corrugated tube.
- PVC tube and Varflo fibreglass sleeve.
- Heat shrink.
- Spiral wrap.
- Cloth tape.
- Inkjet printing and hot foil stamp wire printing.
Additional solutions and services Include:
- CAD 2D and 3D drawing and design.
- Full assembly of dashboards, complex control assemblies, and other custom wiring harness solutions.
- Specialist testing for unique wiring applications.
- Full electronic point to point testing using Cablescan 90-S32 PC based tester, with diode, resistor, and capacitance capability.
- After-market component sales, with more than 14,000 in stock.
- 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, and 6 AWG wire – cross-linked polyethylene insulation in GXL and SXL.
- Wire printing using Komax Zeta 663 laser inkjet cut print, strip, pin and bundle machine
- Deutsch, Amphenol, Milspec, and sure seal connectors.
- Harnesses can be sheathed in a range of options from Varflo (braided fibreglass coated with polyvinyl chloride resin), to cloth tape, spiral wrap, shrink wrap, and Nylon braided yarn.
- Herzog harness braiders with the capacity to over braid single wires up to wire bundles of 45mm.